Before your team can start using Safeworkpro you will need to do some setup. The setup includes:
- Creating your staff members so they can access Safeworkpro
- Uploading your documents about safety procedures, SWMS
- Optionally, creating the regular sites/locations that your staff work.
Don't worry if you do not have any safety documents yet. You can still use Safeworkpro without them. However, you are advised to start working on them as soon as possible and we are always available to help via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07 2104 9966.
Enter your Staff: Admin User only
By being entered in the system, your staff can access the application and begin learning how to use the system. It is a requirement that there be at least one registered staff member for the system to be able to work effectively.
- Login to your Safeworkpro site as instructed in your welcome email, or Company issued instructions.
- To reach the administration pages, you will need to access the Backend of the site. Click on the 3 bar Menu button that can be found in the top left corner after you have logged in, you will be presented with the options below: -
3. Click on Admin Portal to enter the full Menu-
4. Click the SWP Users button and choose either - Add New User or Edit Users complete the details in Add New User & Save (this creates a new user in the database). Edit Users is for Security of your login details for each Staff name and you can set their password, change email address, remove name completely.
Safe Work Method Statements and Procedures (Optional)
Uploading your SWMS’s or Procedures is optional, and you can still use Safeworkpro without them, but by uploading them into your site you have the ability to Call them up when completing a Risk Assessment document.
- Make sure you are logged into the administration section as described in steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click Procedures & Hazards > Safety Procedures (see below)
3. You are now asked to create a name for your Safety Procedure or SWMS
4. Save and move to the PDF upload screen
5. Click the Version button shown above in Green to access the upload PDF or Create content page, select Upload PDF
6. Choose the PDF file from your PC hard drive or storage file, upload will now appear ready to save
7. All that is left to do is Publish file upload into your SWP database and its ready for use, this is also the section where you can update your document resource to keep information current.
The sites are the Clients where your staff work, it is recommended to add in the regular clients work sites so they can be more easily selected when filling out a risk assessment or any other document that you may have on your SWP site. Staff can add sites while they are active on the job so the sites you create here do not have to be exhaustive.
1. Make sure you are logged in and to the administration pages as described in steps 1 and 2 in the section above.
2. In the menu found in the top left corner, click Sites & Locations
3. Click the Sites button.
4. Sites page opens Click on Create Site and complete the details as shown below. Save
5. Site name is now saved for you to use & select when completing your documents.
The locations are the Clients work addresses, it is recommended to add in the regular clients work sites so they can be more easily selected when filling out a risk assessment or any other document that you may have on your SWP site. Staff can add locations while they are active on the job so the locations you create here do not have to be exhaustive.
4. Click on Locations(within a site) and complete the details as shown below. Save
5. Now when you select a Site in your document it will ask you for the associated Location.